Carry On Luggage
Hand Baggage is accepted in the cabin subject to the availability of space in the overhead bin or under the Customer’s seat. In the event where a hand bag is over-sized or over-weight, Star Air may require transfer of Hand Baggage to the Baggage compartment (called as baggage retrievals) of the aircraft prior to take-off. In such cases, a Customer’s Hand Baggage will be specially tagged and returned upon arrival, and the same can be collected from the conveyor belts where Checked Baggage is normally received. In the event the Hand Baggage is transferred to the Baggage compartment due to increased weight over and above what is permissible for Hand Baggage, Customer shall be liable to make payment of the excess baggage at then applicable rate per kilo gram.
As per Airlines policy and Civil Aviation norms and guidelines, travelling Customers may carry one Hand Baggage of maximum 7 Kg’s (this will be including Laptop). In case hand baggage is found to be overweight at the boarding gate a flat rate of Rs. 300/- per kg per sector (inclusive of GST) would be charged towards excess hand baggage.
Items determined by us to be of excessive weight or size, or of an offensive nature, will not be permitted on board. Subject to the prevalent applicable local laws and regulations, Customers may take liquids on board in their Hand Baggage, subject to screening and security checks, and provided they meet the following restrictions:
- The liquid is in a container with a maximum volume of 100ml.
- All liquid containers meeting the maximum volume of 100ml each can be fitted comfortably into a transparent, re-sealable 1 litre plastic bag.
Star Air accepts a free check-in baggage up to 15 Kgs for each passenger. Excess of it will be charged per Kg as per the rates prevailing from time to time.
- Checked Baggage - Free Checked Baggage Allowance (if applicable) will be as per fare rules mentioned on the ticket.
- Unacceptable Items as Baggage - Star Air reserves the right to refuse carriage of such baggage or such items found in the baggage as stated below as per the DGCA norms. For details please refer Conditions of Carriage.
- Valuable and Fragile Items - Customers are strongly advised not to check in such items as Baggage which by their very nature is valuable and/or fragile. If such items are checked in as Baggage, Customers agree that carriage of such items are at their own risk. Such items include money, silverware, jewellery, electronic devices, medicines, perishable goods, computers, cameras, video equipments, negotiable papers, securities and/or other valuables items, passports and other identification documents. Star Air holds no responsibility for such items carried by the Customers in their Baggage.
Book excess baggage units in advance and get good prices
On our flights, you can carry up to 1 Bag of 15 kilograms as free baggage. Those who wish to book excess baggage can do so at the time of ticket booking or through any of our booking channels.
- Booking of extra Baggage - Booking excess baggage on booked flights is also available to our customers by opting our time to time offers.
- Excess Baggage charges at Check-in Counter - A fee of INR 500/- will be charged for every extra Kilogram of excess baggage exceeding the free limit is 1 Bag of 15Kgs.
Report the damage immediately at the airport.
We are very sorry that your baggage has been damaged during transit. Please be assured that we are taking all necessary measures to get the damage repaired. Please report damaged baggage immediately to baggage tracing desk (lost and Found) at the airport.
Report making of a subsequent complaint about damage
Make sure that you are requested to check your baggage while you receive it on the conveyor belt. Once you move out from the arrival hall of the airport, the airline is not responsible for any claim or damages for your baggage.
IMPORTANT NOTE:: Please be advised that Star Air is not responsible for any damaged baggage and its content in the following cases:
- Inadequate packing of baggage
- Baggage marked with limited release tags
- Scratches and dents
- Baggage that gets stained during the transport
- Leaving arrival area before you have completed official report (Property Irregularity Report)
- Baggage which is not registered on the owner
- Baggage without bag tags
- Suspicion of Pilfrage (in this case please contact the local police office)
Report lost baggage at the airport
We are very sorry that your baggage was not at your destination airport. Please report lost baggage immediately to the ground handling services office (Lost & Found office) at the arrival hall so that an official report (Property Irregularity Report) can be completed. Be assured that we will do everything necessary to return your baggage as quickly as possible. Lost baggage is traced by the appropriate means of a baggage search system.
Important: Claim settlement is excluded without the loss report to be generated at the airport.