Conditions of Carriage
The terms that are used in these Conditions of Carriage will have the meanings assigned to them as below.
- "Baggage" – means the Customer’s personal property carried for the journey along with him/her in connection with the trip unless otherwise specified, it consists of both Checked-in Baggage and Hand Baggage.
- "Baggage Check" – means the Baggage Tag or Receipt issued by Star Air to a Customer that relates to the carriage of the Customer’s Checked-in Baggage and is affixed to the boarding pass.
- "Baggage Identification Tag" – means a document issued solely for identification of Checked-in Baggage and is attached to each such Checked-in Baggage separately with all required information printed or written by Star Air or its handlers.
- "Booking" – means a booking made in Star Air Reservation System subject to the receipt by Star Air, of and for the full payment made for such Reservation or Reservations, which is a primary record of the reservation for a specified journey through Star Air or through its aligned and shared subsidiaries
- "Checked-in Baggage" – means such Baggage which is carried by Star Air of the Customer, and for which the Star Air has issued a Baggage Check to the Customer upon check-in. Checked-in Baggage cannot be carried as a hand Baggage by the Customer.
- "CGST" – means tax leviable or levied under the provision of goods and services under the Central Goods and Services Tax Act, 2017
- "Conditions of Carriage" – means these conditions, i.e. the contract which governs the carriage of Customers on Star Air carriers for the air travel and terms of bookings made by Customers, as are available on Star Air website and also incorporated by reference in the Itinerary/Receipt/Invoice delivered with the Customer’s booking and notices or communications provided to Customers from time to time. The Conditions of Carriage are subject to changes as may be introduced by the Star Air from time to time.
- "Confirmed Booking" – means the confirmation of a booking generated to the Customer upon receipt of full payment from the Customer in respect of his/her booking, and the issuance of a valid confirmation number or e-ticket number or reference number or PNR by Star Air directly or by a Travel Partner, as the case may be.
- "Connected Segments" – means the connectivity offered by Star Air between two or more flight segments operated by Star Air or its allied travel partners.
- "Customers" – means any person or persons (Group), except members of the crew, staff on duty, and employees traveling on special tickets, carried or to be carried in an aircraft by Star Air pursuant to a Confirmed Booking.
- "Damage" – loss of or other damage to Baggage, arising out of or in connection with carriage performed by the Star Air pursuant to a Confirmed Booking.
- "Direct Flights" - any flight between two points by an airline with no change in flight numbers, which includes one or more stops at an intermediate point(s).
- "Fees" – means all the charges specified which are applicable for the provision of service by Star Air.
- "Flight Segment" – means a single take-off and landing.
- "Force Majeure" – means unusual and unforeseeable circumstances beyond Star Air control, the consequences of which could not have been avoided even if all due care had been exercised.
- "GST" – means tax leviable on the provision of goods and services that includes SGST or CGST or UTGST or IGST or a combination thereof.
- "GSTIN" – means a unique Goods and Services Tax Identification number issued to the person duly registered under the GST regulations.
- "Hand Baggage" – means any of the Customer’s Baggage other than Checked-in Baggage, which the Customer is permitted to carry with him/her in the flight in accordance with the Conditions of Carriage and other regulations of the applicable regulatory and statutory authorities and applicable laws.
- "IGST" – means tax leviable on the provision of goods and services under the Integrated Goods and Service Tax Act, 2017.
- "INR" – means Indian Rupees, the lawful currency of the Republic of India.
- "Invoice" – means invoice/receipt of payment issued by Star Air in relation to a Confirmed Booking which shall be sent to the Customer and/or the GSTIN holder, in accordance with the GST regulations.
- "Itinerary/Receipt" – means a document or documents that Star Air issues to Customers traveling with a valid Booking, that contains the Customer’s name, flight information, booking reference number, Conditions of Carriage extract and/or link and notices.
- "Non-Stop Flights" - is a flight by an aircraft with no intermediate stops.
- "PNR" – means one or more consecutive Flight Segments having the same flight number.
- "Passenger Service Fee” or "PSF" – means the Passenger Service Fee which is imposed per Customer per Sector. Star Air collects the PSF from the Customers as applicable on behalf of the airport operators. The PSF as applicable at the time of making the Booking shall apply.
- "Sector" – means one or more consecutive Flight Segments having the same flight number.
- "SGST" – means tax leviable on the provision of goods and services under the State Goods and Service Tax Acts of the respective state in India.
- "Stopover" – means the published fares, GST, fees & charges, airport levies and/or related Conditions of Carriage of Star Air..
- "Tariff" – means the published fares, GST, fees & charges, airport levies and/or related Conditions of Carriage of StarAir.
- "Travel Partner" – means a travel agency that makes Bookings for air travel and other ancillary services for Star Air flights.
- "User Development Fee” or "UDF" – means the User Development Fee as imposed by the relevant airport authority at certain airports in India. The UDF as applicable at the time of making the Booking shall apply.
- "UTGST" – means tax leviable on the provision of goods and services under Union Territory Goods and Services Tax Act, 2017 with respect to the relevant union territory of India.
- "We" / "our" / "ourselves" / "us" / "Carrier" / "Star Air" – means M/s Ghodawat Enterprises Private Limited
- "Website" – means the internet site www.Star Air.in provided by Star Air on which the Customers can make Bookings and also access information about Star Air.
These Conditions of Carriage shall apply to all Customers who are booking tickets through Star Air and are utilizing the services of Star Air.
3) Overriding Law and Conditions prevail over the Conditions of Carriage
These Conditions of Carriage are applicable unless they are inconsistent with Star Air Tariffs or applicable law in which event such Tariffs or relevant applicable laws shall prevail. If any provision of these Conditions of Carriage is invalid under any applicable law, the other provisions shall nevertheless remain valid irrespective of such invalid provision. Except as provided in these Conditions of Carriage, in the event of an inconsistency between these Conditions of Carriage and any other regulations that the Star Air may have, dealing with particular subjects, these Conditions of Carriage shall prevail.
4) Context Interpretation
The title or caption of each article of these Conditions of Carriage is for convenience only and is not to be used for interpretation of the text.
5) Bookings – General Provisions, Changes and Cancellations
"General Provisions" – The Booking (and the resultant PNR/E-Ticket/Coupon generated thereafter) upon receipt of full payment for such Booking constitutes prima facie evidence of the contract of carriage between Star Air and the Customer named on the Booking.
The Star Air will permit carriage only to the Customer(s) named in the Booking subject to the appropriate, valid and applicable identification proof being produced at the time of travel like ( Passport / Aadhaar Card / Driving License / Any other Government proof of Identification, etc. ) and any other requirements imposed by the law, regulations, judicial pronouncements or Star Air’s policies.
Star Air is a ticket-less airline. It offers a printable itinerary with a PNR and the details of the reservation. An itinerary does not constitute a document of carriage. The Booking in our database is the primary record of the carriage and in the event of any differences between the itinerary and the Booking in our database, the Booking, and its terms will prevail.
The Customer(s) agree to the terms and conditions mentioned on the Booking terms and conditions specified by Star Air and will abide by such reference.
Star Air does not issue any open Bookings and it does not have any such concept of providing such bookings for a defined or undefined period of time or times. At any point of time unless or otherwise deemed required and issued in some special circumstances by Star Air itself, i.e. a Booking is required to have a specific date for travel and cannot be booked in an open-ended manner.
Bookings and payments can be made at the following points of sale:
- Star Air website
- Through Contact Centre or Call Centre through Phone or IVR system as service available
- At Airport Counters or any other authorized and specially designated ticket sales counters by Star Air.
- Travel Agents, Travel Partners, Corporate units authorized by Star Air Online Travel Agents (OTA’s) authorized by Star Air.
Customers using our Website and/or traveling by Star Air agree to these Conditions of Carriage that are available on our Website or referred to in the Itinerary/Receipt. Star Air accepts all Electronic Cards, Debit & Credit Cards, MasterCard, VISA, & Rupay cards at its call centre and on its Website and at its Booking Counters. Customers are required to carry the credit card, or a copy of the credit card duly signed by the card holder, at the time of check-in. The usage of these cards for payment is governed by the terms and conditions of the respective bank or company issuing such card, as the case may be. We do not accept personal or corporate cheques, PDC’s, Banker Cheques or Demand Drafts towards booking payments. Cash payments can be made for bookings made at Star Air airport counters or any other authorized booking outlets. However, cash payment for more than INR 1,00,000 (Rupees One Lakh Only) against 1 or multiple PNR(s) by a single customer will not be accepted under any circumstances. The Invoice/Confirmed Ticket/Confirmed PNR shall be sent to the email address and in the name of the first passenger, mentioned in the Itinerary. In case of a Booking made by a GSTIN holder, the Invoice shall be sent in the name of the GSTIN holder and to the email address mentioned while providing the GSTIN information at the time of Booking. Additionally, passengers may download their Invoice/Confirmed Ticket/Confirmed PNR using their PNR Number and other details as required from the website www.Star Air.in. Invoices shall be only in INR, even in cases where the payment is made in a currency other than INR.
GST is also applicable on any special services requested by the Customer at applicable rates in accordance with the applicable law.
It is recommended that Customers should check their Itinerary for accuracy and verify their itinerary immediately after booking, on our Website or through the Call Centre and Star Air shall not be responsible for any discrepancy therein.
Star Air can provide travel certificate/proof of travel at a nominal charge of INR 200 (inclusive of GST) per person per sector upon special request by the passenger. These certificates can be obtained through any of our authorized counters or Head Office upon payment of the charges mentioned above duly receipted.
"Fare Types" - The following are the Fare Types and charges per passenger subject to any update from time to time:
Rules RCS Fare (Inclusive of GST) Non-RCS Fare (Inclusive of GST) Any other Fare (Inclusive of GST) Checked in Baggage Nil
15 Kg Free
15 Kg Free
15 Kg Free
Hand Baggage One Bag up to 7 Kg One Bag up to 7 Kg One Bag up to 7 Kg Excess Baggage Allowance EBA Per Kg (At Airport) 400/- 5 Kgs* 1875/- 10 Kgs* 3750/- 15 Kgs* 5625/- 20 Kgs* 7500/- 30 Kgs* 11250/- Seats Selection Chargeable Chargeable Chargeable Snacks / Meal Chargeable Chargeable Chargeable UNM INR 1500 INR 1500 INR 1500
"Changes and Cancellations" - For Confirmed Bookings, the tickets are refundable upon cancellations along with all the Taxes / Fees / Levies subject to Star Air’s change or cancellations rules and fees.
However, the Customer is always entitled to a refund of the Government and Airport Fees such as PSF, UDF etc. if charged from the Customer.
Allowed cancellation or change policy:
- Changes / Cancellations to Booking will be allowed and must be made at least two (2) hours prior to the scheduled departure time of the said Booking.
- The amount of change/cancellation will be as per the booked fare type as mentioned in section 5.2 above.
- This cancellation fee will be deducted from the total amount of fare (Base Fare and Fuel Surcharge) and the remainder is refundable to the customers (in case of cancellation) or it will be applied to the customer’s changed booking (in case of change).
- Please note: the Cancellation & Change policy with effect from 19th December 2019 00:00 hrs.
Time duration to scheduled departure Change Fee (Incl of GST) Cancellation Fee (Incl of GST) Within 2 Hours 100% forfeit of fare 100% forfeit of fare Between 02 to 72 hrs INR 2500/- INR 3000/- More than 72 hrs INR 2000/- INR 2500/- Cancellation of ticket within 24 Hours of booking and for the travel 7 days prior departure Nil
- Star Air does not allow name changes to a Booking already made. In case of any spelling mistakes, after due verification with a valid ID proof, Star Air reserves the right to make changes as required and as per its policies.
- In the case of changes to a Booking already made, the residual amount (i.e. after the deduction of the applicable fee per Customer per Sector as mentioned above) will be applied to the changed Itinerary. Changes to the Itinerary will be made at prevailing prices at the time of the change. If the residual amount is less than the price of the changed Itinerary, the Customer will be required to pay the difference.
In case the Customer desires refund against the residual value after deduction of the applicable fee, the same will be made available as per the following:
- For Bookings made through credit cards/debit cards either online on web portal or at the Call Centre/airport counters, the refund will be processed back to the credit card or debit card (as the case may be) in seven working days from the date of refund request.
- For Bookings made through Net Banking online on our website, refunds will be processed to the same bank account and will reflect within 7 working days.
- For Bookings made through Travel Partners or online travel portals, the refund may be claimed from the respective Travel Partners/ Portals.
- For Bookings made by cash at the airport, the refund will be processed at any airport and can be collected from any booking centre.
- American Express cards- The refund done to American Express cards may take 21 to 25 working days to reflect back into the account from the date of request.
- Bookings are not transferable under any case. Any refund upon cancellation / change is also not transferable and will be made only to the Customer through the process set out above.
6) Passenger Fares, Taxes, Fees and Charges
6.1 "Airfare Charges" - Airfare Charges are inclusive of the following components:
- Base Fare
- Fuel Charges
- Common User Terminal Equipment (CUTE) Charges
- RCS Fees (If Applicable)
- Convenience Charges (If any)
Airfare Charges apply only for carriage from the airport at the point of origin to the airport at the point of destination, unless otherwise expressly stated. Airfare Charges do not include ground transport service between airports and / or between airports and town terminals. The Customer’s Airfare Charges will be calculated in accordance with the Tariff in effect on the date of payment for travel on the specific dates and Itinerary shown on it. Any change in the Itinerary or dates of travel, may result in a change in the Airfare Charges to be paid.
All Bookings are subject to the Conditions of Carriage. However, our special airfare charges have certain additional terms and conditions attached to them. In the event Booking is made on the special airfare charges, except to the extent specified otherwise in the additional terms and conditions governing the special air fares charges, these Conditions of Carriage shall apply in its entirety.
Airfare Charges booked through any channel are bound by the same terms and conditions as those of all other Bookings.
Star Air charges the Airfare on a one-way basis for ease of purchase unless explicit for any promotions for a round-trip. Star Air does not allow partial cancellation of the itinerary.
Please note that certain Airfare Charges may have conditions which limit or exclude the Customer’s right to change or cancel Bookings.
Airfare Charges are subject to change without notice and all the rights relating thereto shall be reserved with Star Air.
Once purchased, the Airfare Charges will not change, provided, however, that if the Customer requests for a subsequent change in the Booking or routing, revised Airfare Charges may be applicable.
A Booking is valid from the date the Booking was made until the last commencement date of travel thereon. Unused Bookings or portions thereof, are non-refundable and will expire in accordance with these Conditions of Carriage. Customers who fail to check-in and travel on a Confirmed Booking on the date of travel shall be treated as no-show Customers.
A person shall not be entitled to be carried on a flight unless that person presents a valid Itinerary (either in the form of a hard copy or a soft copy), duly issued in accordance with these Conditions of Carriage.
The Airline from time to time introduces/offers certain add-on services inter-alia including seat selection, pre-paid snacks or additional excess Baggage allowance, at the time of Booking. Such services shall be governed by the respective terms and conditions for such add-on services mentioned at the relevant sections of the Website.
6.2 "Taxes, Duties, Fees Charges & Surcharges" - The amount of any applicable taxes, duties, fees, charges or surcharges payable by the Customer is calculated as on the date of Booking. If there is a change in an existing tax, duty, fee, charges or surcharge, or a new tax, duty, fee, charges or surcharge is imposed, after the date of Booking, the Customer will not be obliged to pay such tax, duty, fee, charges or surcharge, or a new tax, duty, fee, charges or surcharge or get a refund as the case may be, unless:
- The Customer decides to change the date of travel which requires rebooking, or
- The tax, duty, fee, charges, surcharge (including UDF) is to be paid to or is on behalf of a regulatory authority.
Please note that these fare components may undergo a change at any time without notice.
Currently, the fares include:
- Airline Fuel Charges
- CUTE Charges (If any, based on the departing airport)
- RCS Charges (As applicable)
The CUTE Charges are levied at select airports for usage of Common User Terminal Equipment (CUTE) services.
For Customers who request for print-outs of the itinerary at the airport reservations counter, an additional fee of INR 50 per print-out (inclusive of GST, if applicable) will apply.
Please also note that some services may require additional fees not mentioned above.
- Infants:- The fees for infants between nine (9) days old to under the age of two years old on the date of travel shall be provided for in the fee schedule (This point has to be included in the fee schedule)of Star Air. An infant may travel provided he/she sits on an adult's lap. Only one infant is allowed for one adult. No baby carriages are allowed on board the aircraft. The number of infants is limited per flight due to safety regulations and as such, there may be a possibility that we may not be able to accommodate your request to carry infants with you.
- 6.3 "Currency" - Fares, taxes, fees and charges are payable in the currency chosen by the Customer or the Travel Partner while making the Booking. The Customer or Travel Partner can choose only from the options provided by Star Air through its Reservation System. Please note that certain fees and charges for currencies other than INR are fixed in the respective currencies, and may not match with the amount obtained by directly converting the INR fee or Charges with the exchange rate.
7) Reservations & Conditions
7.1 "Reservation Requirements" - Certain fares have conditions which limit or exclude the Customer’s right to change or cancel reservations.
Star Air requests that at the point of reservation, the Customer provides Star Air or it’s Travel Partner with a contact number (valid mobile number) in the Customer’s Itinerary. This will assist Star Air in informing Customers of any changes to a flight on which they are booked.
With effect from 1 July, 2017, there is a requirement of providing the GSTIN or the UIN (Unique Identification Number) of the Customer who would be claiming input tax credit. Star Air requests the Customer at the point of reservation to provide the GSTIN applicable. Only single GSTIN can be mentioned against one PNR. GST shall be computed on the basis of GSTIN provided by the Customer. Once PNR is generated, no changes to GSTIN will be allowed. Further, no addition/deletion of GSTIN/UIN can be made to the existing PNR.
- "Retention of Personal Data by Star Air" - The Customer recognizes that personal data that has been given to Star Air for the purposes of making a Booking, obtaining and for providing ancillary services or products that may be offered by Star Air and/or its service partners from time to time, developing and providing services, and making available such data to government agencies, in connection with the Customer’s travel. The Customer consents that such personal data may be used by Star Air or its service partners to check online credit/debit/identity fraud and also to improve the experience of the Customers with Star Air. The Customer also recognizes that Star Air and / or its service partners may contact them via email or other means to inform them of account status or changes or alterations to the service, or to inform them of other services provided or contemplated or promotional schemes etc.
7.2 "Seating" - Star Air offers assigned seating at airport check-in counters. For preferential seating, Star Air offers advanced seat assignment at the time of making a Booking or even after Booking. These seats are allotted on a chargeable basis. . Star Air reserves the right to re-assign seats at any time, including after boarding of the aircraft at its sole discretion and without assigning any reason thereof. This may be necessary for operational, safety, government regulatory, health or security reasons.
"Unavailability of Seat" - There is a chance a seat may not be available for a Customer on the flight even if the booking is confirmed. This is due to the common practice in the airline industry of overbooking which is not within the control of Star Air. In the event of such unavailability of seat, Star Air shall at its option, either:
- carry you at the earliest opportunity on another of its scheduled services on which space is available and, where necessary, extend the validity of Customer’s booking; or
- should Customer choose to travel at another time, retain the value of its fare in a credit account for its future travel provided that Customer must re-book within three (3) months therefrom.
- Full refund of the booking amount.
8) Check-in & Boarding Process
8.1 "Check-In" - Customers shall be allowed to travel in Star Air only with a valid and fully paid Itinerary duly issued in accordance with the Conditions of Carriage.
All Customers, including children and infants, must present valid photo identification, in original at the time of check-in. The Customers must ensure that they have valid travel documents at all times.
Besides valid photo identification, Customers may be required to present the credit / debit card or a signed photocopy of the credit / debit card used to pay for the Booking, at the time of check-in.
The following are the valid photo identification documents (In Original) which will be accepted at the check-in counters for verification by Star Air:
- Valid Passport
- Aadhar Card
- Valid Driving Licence
- Election Photo ID Card
- PAN Card issued by the Income Tax Department
- Photo ID issued by the employer (Government employer is accepted)
- School Photo ID Cards or any other Photo ID for Children
- Birth Certificate or Passport for Infants
- Any other Photo Identity issued by State or Central Government.
- For foreign nationals only, Passport (In Original) will be considered
Customers those who fail or cannot provide sufficient identification will be denied boarding at the Customer’s sole risk and liability and Star Air shall not be held liable for such denial or any consequences resulting thereafter.
It is recommended that the Customers should report for Check-in at least 2 hours prior to the departure of the scheduled flight.
Check-in closes 45 minutes prior to the scheduled departure of the flight. Star Air reserves the right to cancel a Customer’s reservation if he/she does not comply with the check-in timelines and before the closure of Check-in counters.
If the customer fails to complete the check-in formalities within the stipulated time limit, it would result in forfeiture of the Booking amount. The Booking would be declared a “No show” and the Customer would not be entitled to a refund or a credit. However, only the Taxes, PSF and UDF or any other charges levied on behalf of airport or government may be refunded to the Customer upon request.
Customers must ensure that there is enough time gap between two flights while making a Booking involving a change of airplanes or carriers at a point of Stopover. Star Air will not be liable in any manner, if the Customer misses his/her connecting flight as a result of any delay in Star Air’s flight due to any reason whatsoever.
- 8.2 "Boarding" - The boarding gate will close 20 minutes prior to the departure time or such time as intimated to the Customer. The Customers must be present at the boarding gate not later than the time specified by Star Air. Any Customer failing to report at the boarding gate within the aforesaid timelines shall be treated as a “Gate No Show” and the ticket amount for such Booking shall be forfeited by Star Air. The Customers are, however, entitled to a refund of the Government and Airport Fees and/or taxes (if applicable) Star Air is not responsible for the customer’s failure to comply with any of the rules framed as per Conditions of Carriage.
9) Limitation of Carriage and Refusals
9.1 "Refusals of Carriage" - Star Air has the right to refuse carriage of the Customer or the Customer’s Baggage if in the exercise of its discretion, it is determined that:
- Such action is necessary in order to comply with any applicable laws, regulations or orders of the land.
- The Customer’s conduct, status, age, mental or physical condition and/or the condition or state of the Customer’s Baggage is such:
- as to cause reasonable fear of harm to other Customers, or to our crew or the aircraft or safety in general, or
- that the Customer may pose a hazard or risk to himself, other persons or to property.
- The Customer has committed or is committing misconduct on the flight and there is a reasonable likelihood that such conduct may be repeated and can cause inconvenience to co passengers and crew or it may be a safety hazard,
- The Customer has not observed, or is likely to fail to observe, given instructions.
- The Customer has refused to submit to a security check or the customer fails to observe Star Air instructions with respect to safety or security.
- The applicable fare or any charges or taxes payable by the Customer, have not been paid.
- The payment of the Customer’s fare is fraudulent.
- The Customer does not have proper and/or adequate travel documentation.
- The Customer has failed to comply with the Check-In timeline or has failed to arrive at the boarding gate on time.
- The Booking of the seat has been done fraudulently or unlawfully, or has been purchased for a person not authorized by Star Air,
- The credit card by which the payment was made by the Customer, has been lost or stolen.
- The Itinerary or the Booking is counterfeit or has been obtained fraudulently.
- The Itinerary has been altered by anyone other than Star Air or its Travel Partners, or has been mutilated (in which case, Star Air reserve the right to retain such document), and/or
- The person checking-in or boarding cannot prove that he/she is the person named as the Customer on the Itinerary (in which case, Star Air reserve the right to retain such Itinerary).
9.2 "Unruly behaviour by a Customer" - The Customer shall not be allowed to board the aircraft under following conditions:
- Assault, intimidate or threaten, whether physically or verbally, a crew member/security team/ground staff which may interfere with the performance of the duties of the crew member/security team/ground staff or lessens the ability of the crew member/security team/ground staff to perform the duties.
- Refuse to follow a lawful instruction given by the Pilot-in-Command, or on behalf of the Pilot-in-Command by a crew member, for the purpose of ensuring the safety of the aircraft or of any person or property on board or for the purpose of maintaining good order and discipline on board.
- Assault, intimidate or threaten, whether physically or verbally, any person.
- Intentionally cause damage to or destroy any property.
- Consume alcoholic beverages or drugs, which is likely to endanger the safety of the aircraft or of any person or jeopardize the good order and discipline on board the aircraft.
- If the Passenger tries to or Smokes within the Aircraft or in its vicinity,
- No Customer shall interfere with the pilot or with a member of the operating crew of an aircraft, or tamper with the aircraft or its equipment or conduct himself/herself in a disorderly manner in an aircraft or commit any act likely to imperil the safety of an aircraft or its Customers or crew.
9.3 "Self-Offloading" - Self-offloading after boarding the aircraft is not permitted, since it can cause safety and security risks, besides inconveniencing fellow Customers on board.
In case of any inevitable circumstances other than medical emergency, the Customer shall be penalized and the charges of penalization will be under the discretion of Star Air.
Star Air may at its sole discretion, not penalize such Customer, in case of a medical emergency and in such cases, Star Air may require a doctor’s certificate from airport doctor as well.
- 9.4 "Denied Boarding" - Star Air reserves the right to deny boarding to any Customer who is suspect of alcohol or drugs, for health, safety or security reasons or in the absence of adequate travel documents etc. at its sole discretion and no compensation as referred above shall be payable in such cases as per DGCA.CAR-Section 3.Series M.VI.
10) Baggage Procedure and norms
10.1 "Unacceptable Items as Baggage" - Star Air reserves the right to refuse carriage of such baggage or such items found in the baggage as stated below as per the DGCA norms:
- Items which are not properly packed as per baggage packing norms;
- Items which are likely to endanger the aircraft or persons or property on board the aircraft such as those specified in the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO)Technical Instructions for the Safe Transport of Dangerous Goods by Air, the International Air Transport Association (IATA) Dangerous Goods Regulations, Dangerous Goods as per local laws and applicable regulations and as per our own Terms and Conditions;
- Items, the carriage of which is prohibited by applicable laws, regulations or orders; Compressed gases: deeply refrigerated, flammable, non-flammable and poisonous such as butane, oxygen, liquid nitrogen, aqualung cylinders and compressed gas cylinders;
- Corrosives items such as acids, alkalis, mercury and wet cell batteries and apparatus containing mercury;
- Explosives, munitions, fireworks and flares, ammunition including blank cartridges, handguns, fireworks, pistol caps, swords, knives and similar items;
- Small lithium battery-powered vehicles such as air wheels, solo wheels, hoverboards, mini-Segway and balance wheels;
- Flammable liquids and solids such as lighter refills, lighter fuel, matches, paints, thinners, fire-lighters, lighters that need inverting before ignition, matches, radioactive material, briefcases with installed alarm devices;
- Oxidizing materials such as bleaching powder and peroxides; Poisons and infectious substances such as insecticides, weed-killers and live virus materials;
- Fish (including sea food), animals, birds, insects in any form, whether live and/or dead and/or frozen and/or dried;
- Anything that possesses and/or is capable of possessing and/or emitting a conspicuous and/or offensive odour;
- Other dangerous articles such as magnetized materials, offensive or irritating materials; Human or animal remains, live or dead animals;
- Items, which, in our reasonable opinion, are unsuitable for carriage by reason of their weight, shape, size or character;
- Any other item that the airline feels may cause inconvenience or is a safety hazard to its customers.
- Power Banks are allowed only in hand baggage.
10.2 "Checked Baggage" - Free Checked Baggage Allowance (if applicable) will be as per Fare Rules mentioned above.
A firearm and /or ammunition is not permitted to be carried on person or in Cabin Baggage and should be carried as Checked-in Baggage. However, firearm/ammunition can be carried in the cabin baggage after providing written declaration to Star Air in the form provided by Star Air that such firearm is unloaded and packed separately from the ammunition and is carried in accordance with the provisions of the Aircraft (Carriage of Dangerous Goods) Rules, 2003. Any Customer found carrying firearm and/or ammunition in contravention to the above, may be off-loaded.
Carrying of firearm with required procedures followed as mentioned above, will be charged as excess and will be announced to the customer at the time of check-in.
Star Air may permit carriage of firearms and/or ammunition, without charging any fee, in the following cases subject to the conditions specified below:
Personnel from armed forces and police forces required to carry their arms or ammunition in connection with the performance of their duties; or
Indian sportsperson participating in a shooting event, who must carry a valid photo identity card issued by a Government agency and a Bonafede letter from the President or Secretary of a duly recognized sponsoring sports club for carrying firearms, air gun(s) and/or ammunition
10.3 "Valuable and Fragile Items" - Customers are strongly advised not to check in such items as Baggage which by their very nature are valuable and/or fragile. If such items are checked in as Baggage, Customers agree that they send for carriage of such items, at their own risk. Such items include, without limitation, money, jewellery, silverware, electronic devices, medicines, perishable goods, computers, cameras, video equipment, negotiable papers, securities and/or other valuables, electronic items, passports and other identification documents. Star Air shall not accept any responsibility for such items carried by the Customers in their Baggage.
In case if the Customer’s Checked-In Baggage is spoilt due to spillage or leakage from glass bottles/jars unsuitably packed, Star Air liability for damage is not extended to the same.
Items like money, jewellery, photographic / video & or other optical equipment, computers and other electronic equipment, computer software, silverware, glassware, securities, bonds, business and personal documents, samples, paintings, artifacts, other work of art, antiques, research, unique or irreplaceable items, scholarship items / documents, irreplaceable books or publications or similar valuable items are not covered under any loss or damage policy of the airline. These items should not be transported in or as a luggage on the flight.
10.4 "Carry on or Hand Baggage" - Hand Baggage is accepted in the cabin subject to the availability of space in the overhead bin or under the Customer’s seat. In the event where a hand bag is over-sized or over-weight, Star Air may require transfer of Hand Baggage to the Baggage compartment (called as baggage retrievals) of the aircraft prior to take-off. In such cases, a Customer’s Hand Baggage will be specially tagged and returned upon arrival, and the same can be collected from the conveyor belts where Checked Baggage is normally received. In the event the Hand Baggage is transferred to the Baggage compartment due to increased weight over and above what is permissible for Hand Baggage, Customer shall be liable to make payment of the excess baggage at then applicable rate per kilogram for the excess baggage.
10.5 "Baggage Size" -
EMB-145-LR L 38cm, B 15cm, H 40cm 7 kgs
As per Airlines policy and Civil Aviation norms and guidelines, travelling Customers may carry one Hand Baggage of maximum 7 Kg’s (including Laptop). In case hand baggage is found to be overweight at the boarding gate a flat rate of INR 300/- per kg per sector (inclusive of GST) would be charged towards excess hand baggage.
Baggage Size (Hand Bag) : L 38cm, B 15cm, H 40cm – 7kg
Items determined by us to be of excessive weight or size, or of an offensive nature, will not be permitted on board. Subject to the prevalent applicable local laws and regulations, Customers may take liquids on board in their Hand Baggage, subject to screening and security checks, and provided they meet the following restrictions:
The liquid is in a container with a maximum volume of 100ml. All liquid containers meeting the maximum volume of 100ml each can be fitted comfortably into a transparent, re-sealable 1 litre plastic bag.
- 10.6 "Refusal of Carriage" - Star Air may refuse to carry as Baggage any item reasonably considered by the airline to be unsuitable for carriage because of its size, shape, weight, content, being radioactive, or character, or for safety or operational reasons, or in the interests of the comfort of other Customers. Information about unacceptable items is available upon request. The airline may refuse such baggage which it feels reasonable that has not been suitable, properly and securely packed.
10.7 "Baggage screening and search authority" - Keeping in view safety and security, either Star Air or the competent regulatory authority may require the Customers to undergo a search, x-ray or other type of scan on his/her person or Baggage. Star Air reserves the right to search the Baggage in the absence of the Customer, if he/she is not available, for the purpose of determining whether they are in possession of, or whether their Baggage contains any unacceptable or prohibited items.
If a Customer refuses to comply with such searches or scans, we reserve the right to refuse carriage to such Customer and his/her Baggage without refund of fare and without any other liability to such Customer. Any other procedures as may be required under law may follow in relation to such cases.
In the event such search / scan, if it results in any injury to the Customer or damage to his/her Baggage, the airline shall not be liable for such injury or damage, unless the same is due to the airlines wilful fault or gross neglect.
10.8 "Delivery of Baggage at Conveyor Belt" - Star Air will make every effort to ensure that the Checked Baggage of Customers arrives in a safe condition.
The Customers are advised to collect their Baggage as soon as it is available for collection at the place of destination from the relevant conveyor belt. If the Customer fails to collect it within a reasonable time, Star Air will store the same in its storage and custody and will charge a storage fee. If the Customer’s Checked Baggage had not been claimed within three (3) months of the time it is made available, the airline may dispose it off without any liability or notice to the Customer.
If the Customers are travelling in a group PNR and the Baggage is not delivered at arrival, all the Customers under that Booking need to be present at the arrival hall at the time of registering a complaint for the lost Baggage. The Baggage will be considered as delivered in good condition if the above condition is not met.
Star Air shall deliver Checked Baggage to the bearer of the Baggage Check, upon payment of all unpaid sums due to it, under these Conditions of Carriage.
Star Air is under no obligation to ascertain that the bearer of the Baggage Check is entitled to delivery of the Baggage, and Star Air is not liable for any loss, damage, or expense arising out of, or in connection with its failure to ascertain so.
Delivery of the Baggage will be made at the destination airport shown in the Baggage Check and not to the address of the customer.
If the person claiming the Baggage is unable to produce the Baggage Check and identify the Baggage by means of a Baggage tag, Star Air will deliver the Baggage to such person only on the condition that he/she establishes to Star Air’s reasonable satisfaction, his right thereto, and if required by Star Air, such person shall indemnify Star Air for any loss, damage or expense which may be incurred by Star Air, as a result of such delivery.
Acceptance of Baggage by the Customers without complaint at the time of delivery, is prima facie evidence that the Baggage has been delivered in good condition and in accordance with the contract of carriage. Every Customer shall be required to raise a property irregularity report (Form available with Star Air representative at conveyor belt) in case there is a loss of baggage while he/she is at the respective destination airport at the time of arrival and not after departing from the destination airport.
In order to ensure that the Customers pick-up their own Baggage only and that there are no confusions, Star Air reserves all rights to do Baggage Tag match upon arrivals either for all Customers or on random basis without any prejudice or discrimination. In the event where there is a possibility or slightest assumption of Customer picking up somebody else’s baggage, Star Air reserves all rights to divulge personal information of such Customer to the original owner of the Baggage, and will not be liable for any losses incurred thereof.
Star Air assumes no liability for wear and tear to luggage which includes:
- Broken wheels or feet
- Minor cuts
- Loss of external locks, security straps
- Damage to any protruding part of the baggage
- Damage resulting from over packing and damage to retractable luggage handles
- Scratches, torn zippers, straps, handles, scuffs, dents soiling or manufacturing defects
- Unsuitably packed, perishable, damaged or fragile Baggage, or for damage caused by water to non-waterproof Baggage.
- Any other wear and tear
- 10.9 "Items removed by Airport Security" - Star Air will not be responsible for, or have any liability in respect of, articles removed from the Customer’s Baggage by any airport security.
- 10.10 "Carriage of Human Remains" - Star Air in its flights do not allow any carriage of Human Remains.
11) Connecting Segments Rules
11.1 "Booking process for connecting segments" - Any Booking with respect to the Connected Segments shall be required to be booked in advance. Both segments in the Connected Segments shall be confirmed on the same PNR and will be identified by a single fare/surcharge component.
In cases where the Customer undertakes travel on the Connected Segments, Star Air will check-in baggage through to the final destination of the Customer. The Customers will be provided with two boarding cards - one for the flight taken from the point of origin till the point of transit and the other from the point of transit until the next destination. In case at point of transit/Stopover, the Customer is required to change terminals, the Customer will be responsible for transportation from arrival terminal to the departure terminal. The Reporting should be on-time at the check-in counter for the next flight
Star Air will not provide any food or lodging at the point of transit/Stopover.
11.2 "Fail to show up at boarding gate for connecting flights" -If in case the customers fails to show up for boarding the flights for the Connecting Segments at the point of Stopover, 45 minutes before the scheduled departure of the next flight, despite having arrived on-time from the point of origin, the Customers will be treated as ‘Gate No Show'. The Baggage of such Customers will be offloaded and handed over to the Customers or the relevant airport authority at the Stopover station (in case there is change in terminal required for departure to next destination, the Baggage will be offloaded and handed over to the Customers or the relevant airport authority at the departure terminal of the point of transit/Stopover), without any liability on the part of Star Air. The ticket amount for such Booking shall be forfeited. The Customers are, however, entitled to a refund of the Government and Airport Fees and/or taxes (if applicable).
Also, Customers having connecting flights shall board the flight from the city of origin only. The airline will not entertain carriage of such Customers if they intend to board from any of the transfer airports. Any such requests would be treated as cancellation and re-booking at the applicable fares at the time of such request; fare difference and cancel fees may apply.
11.3 "Flight delays or cancellations for connecting flights or segments" -In case of delay or cancellation of a flight operated as part of the Connected Segments, the following shall apply:
- In case of delay or cancellation of the flight at the point of origin which leads to the possibility of a missed connection at the point of Stopover, the Customer shall have to right to choose a refund for the remaining segment, or a credit for future travel on Star Air, or re-booking onto an alternative Star Air next available flight at no additional cost, subject to availability.
- In case of a delay or cancellation of the connecting flight at the point of Stopover, Star Air will, at its discretion, and subject to availability of seats will first offer the Customer the option to travel on the next available flight of Star Air, then at its discretion, provide ground transportation to and from the airport and lodging for a overnight stay to the Customer at the point of Stopover (provided that the next available flight is only on the following day) or offer a choice between refund or credit of the leg that is not flown to the Customer. The Customer will not have any right to ask for arranging any other alternative flight of any other carrier other than Star Air.
12) Security Screening
12.1 "General Process" - As required by applicable law, all Customers will be subjected to a security screening prior to boarding the aircraft.
Itineraries will be checked at the time of entering the terminal building. Checked Baggage will be screened through an X-ray machine before check-in. Random physical checks are also carried out for Checked Baggage in addition to X-ray screening.
As per security regulations, Customers will be required to undergo personal frisking and their Hand Baggage will be X-rayed before entering the pre-boarding sterile area.
Checked Baggage reconciliation is carried out through an internal matching system. In addition to the Baggage reconciliation, the physical identification of the Checked Baggage by the Customers may be carried out. Unidentified Baggage will not be loaded on to the aircraft.
A secondary security check may also be carried out near the step ladder/boarding gate before embarkation as stipulated by BCAS.
According to security regulations, Customers are advised:
- Not to accept any packets from unknown persons,
- Not to leave Baggage unobserved at any time, especially within airport area,
- Unattended Baggage may be removed by airport security staff as object of suspicious,
- Customers are advised to declare before Baggage screening or check-in counters if carrying any arms or explosive substance. Concealment is an offence under Aircraft Act and Rules,
- To carry only one piece of Cabin Baggage,
- Battery cells / Dry cells carried in the Cabin Baggage or in any electrical/ electronic items are liable to be removed and Star Air may not be in a position to return such removed items same at the Customer’s destination. we recommend that such items be carried in Checked Baggage,
13) Delay and/or Cancellation of flights, change Schedule
Star Air undertakes to use its best efforts to avoid delay in carrying its Customers and their Baggage. We will endeavour to adhere to published schedules in effect on the date of travel. However, times shown in schedules or elsewhere, are subject to change at any time, and we shall not be liable in any way whatsoever, for any loss incurred by Customers as a result of such change.
Star Air will not be liable for any error or omission in publications of schedules, or in statements or representations made by employees, agents, or representatives of Star Air, as to the dates or times of departure or arrival, or to the operation of any flight.
At any time after a Booking has been made, we may change our schedules and/or cancel, terminate, divert, postpone, reschedule or delay any flight where we reasonably consider this to be justified by circumstances beyond our control, or for reasons of safety, or for commercial reasons.
Circumstances beyond airlines control can include, without limitation, weather, air traffic control, mechanical failures, acts of terrorism, acts of nature, force majeure, strikes, riots, wars, hostilities, disturbances, governmental regulations, orders, demands or requirements, shortages of critical manpower, parts or materials, labour unrest etc.
In the special case in which a subsequent portion of Star Air’s flight is cancelled while a Customer is already in transit, such Customer shall have the right to choose to remain at the transit station at customers costs and to be re-booked onto an alternative Star Air flight to the final destination at no additional cost subject to availability; or to accept a partial refund for the portion of the flight not completed.
If a flight is cancelled, or delayed by more than two hours (depending on the length of the journey), a Customer shall have a right to choose a refund; or re-booking/re-accommodation onto an alternative Star Air flight at no additional cost (subject to availability) as per DGCA. CAR-Section 3. Series M. IV.
14.1 "General Process" - Upon failure by Star Air to provide carriage in accordance with these Conditions of Carriage, or where a Customer requests a voluntary change of his arrangements, refund for an unused Booking, or portion thereof shall be made by Star Air in accordance with this article and in accordance with Star Air regulations, after deducting the applicable fees, charges and taxes thereon.
Refunds against the residual value after deduction of the applicable fee will be made available as per the following:
- For Bookings made through credit/debit cards, the refund will be processed back to the credit/debit card.
- For Bookings made through net banking, the refund will be processed into the same bank account.
- For Bookings made through Travel Partners or online travel portals, the refund may be claimed from the respective travel agents/ portals.
- For Bookings made by cash at the airport, the refund will be processed at the respective airport.
- 14.2 "Persons to whom the refund will be made" - Star Air shall be entitled to make refund either to the person named in the Booking, or to the person who has paid for the Booking, upon presentation of satisfactory proof, and shall discharge Star Air from liability and any further claim for refund from any person.
14.3 TnC for Group Cancellations and refund -:
For cancellations after the payment is made, the corresponding charges will be applicable:
- If the group strength reduction up to 20% of the number of passengers originally booked INR 2500 per passenger per sector or 25% of the total fare (whichever is higher) will be applicable.
- If the group strength reduces by more than 20% and up to 50% of the number of passengers originally booked INR 2500 per passenger per sector or 50% of the total fare (whichever is higher) will be applicable.
- If the group strength reduces by more than 50% of the number of passengers originally booked or in case of no-show, only airport charges (PSF/UDF/AAT) as applicable will be refunded.
- Any reduction in group size within 07 days of departure, only airport charges (PSF/UDF/AAT) as applicable will be refunded. This condition overrides the above mentioned conditions.
- In case of changes/cancellation in partially confirmed bookings, entire advance deposit will be forfeited.
All refunds will be made only in INR irrespective of currency paid upon booking.
15) Customers On-Board of Star Air
Star Air offers an enhanced selection of food and beverages for sale on-board. Also, Star Air provides a provision to Shop in Sky.
Complimentary drinking water is offered on all flights.
Star Air allows Customers to bring food items like cold snacks, soft beverages, snack bars and biscuits on board. For the convenience of our customers, messy, oily or strong-smelling food items are not allowed on board.
Customers seated near an emergency exit will be briefed by the crew regarding emergency procedures and are requested to pay special attention to these requirements. Please note that able bodied customers aged above fifteen (15) years will be allocated emergency exit rows.
- 15.1 "Passenger Conduct on-board" - If, in Star Air’s opinion, a Customer conducts himself aboard the aircraft so as to endanger the aircraft or any person or property on board, or obstruct the crew in the performance of their duties, or fail to comply with any instructions of the crew, including but not limited to those with respect to smoking, alcohol or drug consumption, or behave in a manner which causes discomfort, inconvenience, damage or injury to other Customers or the crew, Star Air may take such measures as it deems reasonably necessary to prevent continuation of such conduct, including restraint. Such Customer may be disembarked and refused onward carriage at any point, and may be prosecuted for offences committed on board the aircraft.
- 15.2 "Prohibition of use of electronic devices on-board" - For safety reasons, Star Air may forbid or limit operation aboard the aircraft of electronic equipment, including, but not limited to, cellular telephones, laptop computers, portable recorders, portable radios, CD players, electronic games or transmitting devices, including radio-controlled toys and walkie-talkies. Operation of hearing aids and heart pacemakers is however, permitted.
- 15.3 "No Smoking" - Smoking is strictly prohibited on all our aircrafts. All lavatories are fitted with smoke detectors. Tampering with or disabling a smoke detector is prohibited.
- 15.4 "Diversion of flight due to conduct of customers" - If, as a result of conduct by a Customer of any sort mentioned in this Conditions of Carriage, the airline decides, in the exercise of Star Air’s reasonable discretion, to divert the aircraft for the purpose of offloading that Customer, the Customer must pay all costs resulting from that diversion.
16) Administrative Requirements
16.1 "General requirements" - The Customers shall be solely responsible for obtaining all required travel documents and for complying with all laws, regulations, orders, demands and travel requirements.
Star Air shall not be liable for any aid or information given by any agent or employee of Star Air to any Customer in connection with obtaining necessary documents or complying with such laws, regulations, orders, demands, and requirements, whether given in writing or otherwise, or for the consequences to any Customer resulting from his failure to obtain such documents or to comply with such laws, regulations, orders, demands, requirements, rules or instructions.
Star Air shall not be liable if it determines that what it understands to be applicable law, government regulation, demand, order or requirement, requires that it refuse, and it does refuse, to carry a Customer.
- 16.2 "Travel Documents" - Prior to travel, the Customer must present all identification, health and any other documents required by law, regulation, order, demand or other governmental requirement, and permit Star Air to take and retain copies thereof. Star Air reserves the right to refuse carriage if the Customer does not comply with these requirements, or their travel documents do not appear to be in order, or who does not permit Star Air to take and retain copies thereof.
- 16.3 "Responsibility for Fines, Detention Costs" - If Star Air is required to pay any fine or penalty, or it incurs any expenditure by reason of the Customer’s failure to comply with laws, regulations, orders, demands or other travel requirements, or to produce the required documents, the Customer shall reimburse to Star Air, on demand, any amount so paid or expenditure so incurred by Star Air. Star Air may apply towards such payment or expenditure, the value of any unused carriage on the Customer’s Booking, or any of the Customer’s funds in Star Air’s possession.
- 16.4 "Security Inspections and Checks" - The Customer shall agree to any security checks by Governments, airport officials or by Star Air.
17) Damage liability
- Death or Injuries, Damage of Baggage: Applicable Rules.
17.1 "Applicability" - The liability of Star Air involved in the Customer’s journey will be determined by its own conditions of carriage. The provisions for Star Air’s liability for damage are set out in this Article.
The rules applicable to Star Air’s liability shall be as provided under the Carriage by Air Act, 1972 (as amended from time to time).
17.2 "Injury or Death to Customers" - In the event of death or any other bodily injury suffered by a Customer during the course of carriage by air, Star Air’s liability will be governed by the relevant provisions of the Carriage by Air Act, 1972 and any modifications etc. as notified by the Ministry of Civil Aviation, Government of India, and as amended from time to time and the rules contained there under.
Notwithstanding the provisions of Article 17.3 below, if Star Air proves that the damage was caused by, or contributed to by, the negligence of the injured or deceased Customer, Star Air may be exonerated wholly or partly from its liability.
Star Air is not responsible for any illness, injury or disability, including death, attributable to the Customer’s physical condition or for the aggravation of such condition.
17.3 "Liability of Damage to Baggage" - Liability for loss, delay or damage to Baggage is limited under the provisions of Carriage by Air Act, 1972 and the rules framed there under with certain exceptions, adaptations, modifications etc. as notified by the Ministry of Civil Aviation, Government of India, and as amended from time to time.
Star Air’s liability for damage to Baggage will be reduced by any negligence on part of the Customers, which causes or contributes to the damage in accordance with applicable law.
Customers are solely responsible for carriage of their hand bag / personal belongings and the airline will not be liable for any loss / damage of their hand baggage / personal belongings.
Star Air's liability for loss or to Baggage is INR 350/ kg* other conditions as per the Act.
However, Star Air assumes no liability for fragile or perishable articles. Star Air shall have no liability whatsoever for damage to articles not permitted to be contained in Checked Baggage as per the provisions of the Conditions of Carriage (including, without limitation, fragile or perishable items, items having a special value, such as money, jewellery, precious metals, computers, personal electronic devices, negotiable papers, camera, TV, securities, or other valuables, business documents, passports and other identification documents).
Star Air will not be liable for any damage arising from Star Air s compliance with applicable laws or Government rules and regulations or from the Customer’s failure to comply with the same.
The Customer shall be responsible for any damage caused by the Customer’s Baggage to other persons or property, including Star Air’s property and Star Air will not be liable to any third person for any damage caused by the Customer’s Baggage.
Star Air will not be liable for any damage arising from Star Air’s compliance with applicable laws or Government rules and regulations or from the Customer’s failure to comply with the same.
Star Air’s liability shall not exceed the amount of proven damages. Star Air shall furthermore not be liable for indirect or consequential damages.
* limited to a maximum of INR 5,000/- only. Other conditions as per the Act apply
17.4 "Liability for the delay caused to the passenger" - Liability for damage caused by delay in the carriage or baggage is limited under the provisions of Carriage by Air Act, 1972 and the rules framed there under with certain exceptions, adaptations, modifications etc. as notified by the Ministry of Civil Aviation, Government of India, and as amended from time to time.
The Conditions of Carriage, including these Conditions of Carriage and exclusions or limits of liability, applies to our Travel Partners, servants, employees and representatives to the same extent as it and they apply to Star Air.
Star Air will not be liable for any damage arising from Star Air’s compliance with applicable laws or Government rules and regulations or from the Customer’s failure to comply with the same
In any event our liability under any circumstances shall not exceed the amount of proven damages.
18) Time limitation on claims and actions
Notice of Claims, Limitations of Actions
Acceptance of Baggage by the bearer of the Baggage Identification Tag without complaint at the time of delivery is sufficient evidence that the Baggage has been delivered in good condition and in accordance with the contract of carriage, unless the Customer proves otherwise.
Any right to damages shall be forfeited if an action is not brought against Star Air within One (1) month of the date of arrival at the destination, or the date on which the aircraft was scheduled to arrive, or the date on which the carriage stopped. The method of calculating the period of limitation shall be determined by law of the court where the case is heard.
19) Dispute Settlement and Governing Law
These Conditions of Carriage shall be construed by, and governed in accordance with the Indian Laws.
All disputes arising out of, or in connection with these Conditions of Carriage shall be settled by the courts or tribunals situated at of Bangalore, India, which shall have exclusive jurisdiction ousting the jurisdiction of any other courts or tribunal situated anywhere else to hear the matters in relation to these Conditions of Carriage.
20) Modifications & Amendments
Star Air reserves the right to vary, amend or alter these Regulations at any time without any prior notice or liability.