a) Minimum flying experience - 4000Hrs.
b) Minimum PIC experience - 2000Hrs.
c) Minimum PIC on Type/variant - 500Hrs with current IR & Pilotâ€™s Proficiency Checks.
d) Recent experience -
i) Minimum 10 hrs of flying experience including at least 3 take offs and landings within the preceding six months, only on type / variant of aircraft.
ii) Valid rating on type / variant and 3 take off and landings in preceding 90 days.
e) English level minimum 4.
d) Valid Foreign Medical.
1. Flies the Star Air aircrafts from one destination to another in accordance with the given schedules and approved flight plans; carries his/her duties and acts as the ultimate responsible for the aircraft during the assigned flights taking into account the following key factors, in order of priority:
iii. Passenger comfort
2. Ensures that assigned flights are conducted in accordance with the detailed provisions of the Star Air Operations Manual and regulations. At
all times, implements, monitors and maintains the procedures necessary to ensure the safe and smooth operation of the aircraft undertaken.
3. Ensures timely attendance, proper grooming, fitness and legality of self and Flight Crew for the assigned flights. Conducts pre- flight "Briefing" to ensure members are acknowledged with flight details; continuously ensures briefing is properly done prior to each action as per the adopted procedures.
4. Liaises with co-pilots (Sr. First Officer and First Officer) and Dispatch Team prior to each flight ensuring flight/cabin crew members are well prepared and provided with required information, this includes aircraft technical status, route preferences, weather, fuel, weight, distribution of roles, etc.
5. Ensures, within the safety constraints as detailed in the relevant sections of the Star Air Operations Manual, that the aircraft is flown so as to make most efficient and effective use of fuel during the flight.
6. Ensures the required safety, security, fuel, and transit checks are carried for each flight by the Flight/Cabin assigned crew members before, during and post each flight. Takes necessary action and directs the crew on how to react in case of safety or security irregularities; decides on escalations if needed.
7. Cooperates with the Maintenance Engineers to confirm the aircraft technical status and ensure its suitability to fly; seeks the support of MCC and MROs to raise possible concerns and identify any defects or technical issues; implements the rectification or corrective measure immediately where applicable.
8. Makes sure all the needed documents and technical logs are loaded with necessary accurate data as per Star Air and Indian regulations and adopted procedures. This includes the technical log book, journey book, boarding sheets, reports, etc.
9. Ensures that the Star Air Operations Manual is distributed, accounted for, maintained, kept up to date, understood and complied with by Flight Crew.
10. Keeps himself/herself up-to-date with the legal requirements of the different regulatory bodies such as Civil Aviation, EMBRAER Company and any other relevant regulatory body relating to flights and Flight Crew.
11. Undertakes additional, ground based tasks such as Safety Officer or Security Officer, as directed by the Head of Flight Operations and in accordance with the provisions of Part A of the Star Air Operations Manual.